The Latinas Make A Difference – Event Producer will be responsible for managing the Latinas Make A Difference Summit from concept to execution.
Position Title: Event Producer
Reports to: CEO/Executive Director
Start Date: July – September 2021
Compensation: $5,000-$6,000/month (commensurate to experience)
Level: Mid-career position
Primary Responsibilities: Included but not limited to the following
- Bringing the experience to life, delivering on event brief and objectives
- Developing all events, sessions and programmatic elements including
- Aligning topics/themes
- Ideating breakthrough/disruptive concepts
- Securing guests/talent/speakers that are relevant and on-brand for Poderistas
- Executing all sponsorship partner activations
- Ensuring consumer experience is seamless (from registration, attendance and post-event comms)
- Determining and engaging with key vendors, partners, service-providers to support the event
- Ongoing alignment with Poderistas platform/editorial content
- Communicating with Poderistas leadership on project milestones
- Managing communication with Press team
- Ensuring all milestones are met including scheduling, content, marketing/promotion, press, etc.
- Providing regular updates for sponsors
- Overall accountability for initiative – pre-, post and event execution
- Oversight of timeframes and budgets
- Providing guidance and direction for event including – Event Manager, Project Manager and any additional vendors and support (tech, AV, etc.)
- Driving development of all summit assets (emails, paid media, social media content, give-aways, etc.)
- Participating in event-specific team meetings, as well as check-in meetings with CEO (as needed)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Substantive experience and professional development endeavors may be considered as qualification.
Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years of event management/planning/production experience a must
- Progressive professional experience in start-up, nonprofit, or corporate spaces a plus
- Experience with digital/social media a plus
- Strong writing and effective communication skills; Bilingual, a plus
- Demonstrated skills including: relationship building, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and multi-task, flexibility, motivating others, perseverance, organizational strategy, collaboration and commitment to confidentiality
- Familiarity with and experience working among diverse communities, advocacy, community organizing, and civic engagement a plus
- High emotional intelligence, a team player, an empath with high work ethic and firm commitment to organizational objectives and values and a particularly strong ability to empathize and appreciation for humor are important qualities of any candidate
- Passionate about building community and organizing at mass volume through innovative digital tools and tactics
- Thrives from fast-paced, independent working environment
- Interest in social justice and cultural change work
- Believes in the efficacy and fulfillment of teamwork
Poderistas is a cultural lifestyle movement with the mission to enable Latina women to realize their influence and political power. This year, there are 32 million eligible Latino voters, comprising the largest ethnic group of voters in the United States, and we know that Latina women are the key to engage and mobilize our families and communities. Data shows that women are leading the Latino community in educational achievement, a key factor in voting likelihood, and already show up to vote in higher numbers than our male counterparts.
Powered by trusted community leaders and influential Latina figures, we are building a new platform for Latina voices, with a focus on political and civic engagement. Through the power of digital media, we aim to build trust and inspire meaningful conversations that move Latinas to own their power and leadership, and become a political force in 2020 and beyond.
About the Latinas Make A Difference Summit:
To complement She Se Puede’s September launch, we hosted a week-long virtual tour to inform, inspire, and empower Latinas to make an impact on their lives and their communities during the crucial week leading up to the Presidential Elections. Topics were wide-ranging and included: immigration, career, finance, health and wellness, farmworker rights and advocacy, fashion and beauty, cooking, and of course, civic engagement with a focus on voting. To ensure everyone’s safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, we transitioned from live event format, to virtual and hosted all sessions on She Se Puede’s O&O.
Now as Poderistas, we are pleased to host the 2nd annual LMAD Summit to connect with our beautifully diverse group of mujeres, moms, hermanas, boss ladies, and engaged citizens as they gather together for a weekend celebration of Latinidad, community, knowledge and empowerment. We are many, we are mighty, and this is our moment! Topline event info as follows:
- Three-day virtual summit (Sept 17, 18, 19)
- Full-day sessions comprised of panels, workshops, and demos (Fri/Sat), driving to a DAY OF ACTION (Sun)
- Topics include PODER in Country, Community and Self
- Live-streamed on Poderistas’ platforms and available on-demand via webinar recordings and in-person for roundtable discussion in key markets
Harness was founded by America Ferrera, Wilmer Valderrama, and Ryan Piers Williams as a gathering of friends in response to the 2016 presidential election and the following period of social upheaval. Since its founding, Harness has grown into a national, intersectional community of artists, movement leaders, activists, media and entertainment industry allies, and strategists that amplify the experiences of historically-marginalized communities to reach millions of people. We work with a community of incredible cultural organizers to harness their talent, passion, and platform to imagine and create a world where everyone has safety, opportunity, and dignity.
Our programs and campaigns have catalyzed wide-scale support, prominent media coverage, inclusion in pop culture storylines, and transformative partnerships for frontline leaders from historically-marginalized groups. In addition to our long standing artist engagement, industry impact, and community building programs, Harness houses several timely culture change and civic engagement initiatives, including Protect the Sacred, Culture Surge, and Poderistas.
Harness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ identified folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to Charlotte Castillo (email@example.com) with the email subject line: Poderistas Event Producer-LMAD Application (First Name, Last Name).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.