The Civic Engagement / Digital Campaign Manager/ Sr. Mgr will develop and oversee the digital organizing program for Poderistas. They must be engaged in the 24/7 news cycle and monitor political and social events relevant to develop a series of digital engagement programs and cultivate a set of Latina leaders and community-based influencers. They will develop a funnel that will include key curriculum for issue-based engagement, and working closely with the editorial team, will work to develop content strategy that engages our followers to take action and pressure targets in alignment with Poderistas’ mission. This will include static content, video content, and live virtual events, and potentially in-person events. This position is a full-time, temporary employee role paying $TBD/month (depending on experience and level).
Position Title: Civic Engagement/Digital Campaign Manager
Reports to: CEO/Executive Director
Status: Full-Time, Temporary Employee
Start Date: July 2021
Compensation: Competitive; commensurate to experience
Level: Mid-career position
- Develop overall Poderistas funnel of engagement and digital organizing program
- Develop and manage Poderistas organizing calendar, including Poderistas social media campaigns and virtual events
- Create campaign assets (emails, petition pages, social media content, creative tactics, fundraising pages, and mailings)
- Develop and execute curriculum and programming for the Power Squad cohort – including recruitment, retention, engagement
- Develop and manage community-based partners and provide organizing resources and tools
- Participate in weekly team meetings, as well as supervisory meetings with CEO
- Make recommendations for optimal use of Organizing & Training budget
- Collaborate with Editorial Director for platform and community management, as well as development of civic-engagement themed content
- Collaborate with Paid Media and Analytics consultant for content testing and optimization
- Work cross-functionally with multiple areas of the organization (PR, partnerships, influencer relations, leadership, etc.) to ensure we are fulfilling civic engagement objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Substantive experience and professional development endeavors may be considered as qualification.
Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years of progressive professional experience in start-up, nonprofit, or corporate spaces
- Compassionate listener as well as exceptional writing and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building, detail-orientation, independence, motivating others, perseverance, organizational strategy, collaboration and commitment to confidentiality
- Strong writing and effective communication skills; Bilingual, a plus.
- Ability to balance both short and long term priorities
- Familiarity with and experience working among diverse communities, advocacy, community organizing, and civic engagement a plus
- High emotional intelligence, a team player, an empath with high work ethic and firm commitment to organizational objectives and values and a particularly strong ability to empathize and appreciation for humor are important qualities of any candidate
- Passionate about building community and organizing at mass volume through innovative digital tools and tactics
- Thrives from balancing multiple projects at the same time
- Interest in social justice and cultural change work
- Believes in the efficacy and fulfillment of teamwork
Poderistas is a cultural lifestyle movement with the mission to enable Latina women to realize their influence and political power. This year, there are 32 million eligible Latino voters, comprising the largest ethnic group of voters in the United States, and we know that Latina women are the key to engage and mobilize our families and communities. Data shows that women are leading the Latino community in educational achievement, a key factor in voting likelihood, and already show up to vote in higher numbers than our male counterparts.
Powered by trusted community leaders and influential Latina figures, we are building a new platform for Latina voices, with a focus on political and civic engagement. Through the power of digital media, we aim to build trust and inspire meaningful conversations that move Latinas to own their power and leadership, and become a political force in 2020 and beyond.
Harness was founded by America Ferrera, Wilmer Valderrama, and Ryan Piers Williams as a gathering of friends in response to the 2016 presidential election and the following period of social upheaval. Since its founding, Harness has grown into a national, intersectional community of artists, movement leaders, activists, media and entertainment industry allies, and strategists that amplify the experiences of historically-marginalized communities to reach millions of people. We work with a community of incredible cultural organizers to harness their talent, passion, and platform to imagine and create a world where everyone has safety, opportunity, and dignity.
Our programs and campaigns have catalyzed wide-scale support, prominent media coverage, inclusion in pop culture storylines, and transformative partnerships for frontline leaders from historically-marginalized groups. In addition to our long standing artist engagement, industry impact, and community building programs, Harness houses several timely culture change and civic engagement initiatives, including Protect the Sacred, Culture Surge, and Poderistas.
Harness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ identified folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume with a letter of interest to Charlotte Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email subject line: Poderistas Civic Engagement / Digital Campaign Manager Application (First Name, Last Name).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.