Calling Small Business Owners!
Latinx small business owners are the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs in the US, with Latinas now owning 44% of Latino businesses.* Some are even thriving despite the economic impact of the global pandemic with businesses ranging from restaurants, online shops, and beauty services/products.
Are you a small business owner?
Do you need help growing your business to the next level?
Do you wish you had someone to turn to for advice?
Poderistas has partnered with Support Latino Business and Parsons Entrepreneur Academy to support Latina entrepreneurs in furthering their dreams. Together, we’ll give jefas poderosas an opportunity to receive expert feedback, coaching, and a cash prize to help you grow and scale your business.
JEFA Nation: A Contest to Support Entrepreneurship
The competition kicks off on Support Latino Business Day- 9/14 and ends on 10/1. One lucky jefa will win a package of over $8K including $5000 cash prize plus classes and mentorship to grow your venture – one that also makes an impact on her comunidad.
Entries will be reviewed by Poderistas, Support Latino Business and Parsons Entrepreneur Academy and a winner will be chosen and announced by October 15th.
Are you that lucky JEFA?
- Latina-owned startup (at least 51% Latina-owned) already generating revenue, but have less than $500,000 in revenue to date
- Must have received less than $100,000 in funding to date
- 1-5 years in registered operation
- $5,000 grant
- Four (4) sessions with a Parsons Entrepreneur Academy mentor of their choice (USD $796–each session is $199)
- Three (3) Parsons Entrepreneur Academy instructor-led courses of their choice (US $2691–each course is $897)
- For a total value of USD $3487
- Classes and mentor sessions to be redeemed within 1 year of the winner selection.
Participants must submit the following by October 1st 11:59 pm PST:
- 3-5 minute video pitch telling us about your business, why you started it, what your goals are and how it’s making an impact on your community
- 1 year business plan
- Proof of business registration
- Completed application