Latinx small business owners are the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs in the US, with Latinas now owning 44% of Latino businesses.* Some are even thriving despite the economic impact of the global pandemic with businesses ranging from restaurants, online shops, and beauty services/products.
Are you a small business owner?
Do you need help growing your business to the next level?
Do you wish you had someone to turn to for advice?
Poderistas has partnered with AARP, Parsons Entrepreneur Academy and Support Latino Business, to support Latina entrepreneurs in furthering their dreams. Together, we’ll give jefas poderosas an opportunity to receive expert feedback, coaching, and a cash prize to help you grow and scale your business.
The lucky jefa will win a $5,000 grand prize plus classes and mentorship to grow your venture.
The competition kicks off on Monday, July 11th and the entry period goes through Monday, August 22nd.
The winner will be announced on Support Latino Business Day – Wednesday, September 14th.
Are you that lucky JEFA?
- Latina-owned startup (at least 51% Latina-owned) already generating revenue, but have less than $500,000 in revenue to date
- Must have received less than $100,000 in funding to date
- 1-5 years in registered operation
- $5,000 grant
- Two (2) sessions with a Parsons Entrepreneur Academy mentor of their choice (USD $398–each session is $199)
- Three (3) Parsons Entrepreneur Academy online 3 Parsons Entrepreneur Academy online courses of their choice (USD $3,288–depending on final course selection)
- For a total value of USD $8,686
- Classes and mentor sessions to be redeemed within 1 year of the winner selection.
Participants must submit the following by August 22nd at 11:59 pm PST:
- 3-5 minute video pitch telling us about your business, why you started it, what your goals are and how it’s making an impact on your community
- 1 year business plan
- Proof of business registration
- Completed application
About Our Partners
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan social mission organization with nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families with a focus on health security, financial stability, and personal fulfillment.
Parsons Entrepreneur Academy
Parsons Entrepreneur Academy was created in partnership with The New School and Parsons School of Design to give creative professionals the tools, skills, and knowledge to build a business around their passion. Parsons Entrepreneur Academy was honored by Fast Company as a World Changing Idea for 2021.
Since its launch, Parsons Entrepreneur Academy has grown into a highly engaged and responsive community of over 23,000 creative entrepreneurs with an exclusive member network of 2.3K creative entrepreneurs.
Support Latino Business
Support Latino Business is a national community-led initiative shining a light on the significant economic contributions Latino businesses make, the jobs they help create, and the positive impact they bring to all local communities and the U.S. economy. One of the nation’s most diverse networks of partners – including business leaders, owners, entrepreneurs, local activists, community organizations, elected officials, and corporate brands – come together to tell stories about the impact Latino/x businesses have today, and the endless possibilities they’ll be realizing tomorrow.
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan social mission organization with nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families with a focus on health security, financial stability, and personal fulfillment.Learn More